Transifex is a Greek-born company, internationally recognized by today’s tech leaders as a leading agile translation management solution. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley with an amazing engineering team in Athens, we are global and digital – with customers in nearly 50 countries representing about 40,000 projects and nearly 600,000 users, localizing content in 150+ languages. Companies like Atlassian, Eventbrite, HubSpot, Hyatt Hotels, Quora, Trello and Waze rely on Transifex to achieve a truly multilingual, global presence.
We are looking for an Implementation Engineer to join our Professional Services team. As an Implementation Engineer, you will be working under the direction of a Solutions Architect in order to design, develop and implement complex technical client projects/pilot integrations with Transifex and set up a continuous flow of content delivering outstanding business results on-time and on-budget. This requires you to have strong programming skills. You will be engaged in implementation efforts developing custom technical solutions for our customers that are well-tested and optimized for performance. Your contribution will be key to building robust and agile localization solutions and making localization projects of our customers a success.
Are you a resourceful problem solver that thrives in the implementation of creative, effective technology solutions? Join us!
- Deliver efficient and maintainable custom integration solutions based on customer’s expectations with a focus on projects’ success.
- Work closely with a Solutions Architect to understand customers' needs, their business, how success is defined, and develop solutions that exceed their expectations.
- Work effectively with customers’ technical teams and other departments to map out business and technical needs and complete projects successfully
- Own the full development from implementation to the final testing and transition to production.
- Remove any roadblocks for successful projects resulting in satisfied customers.
- Systematically troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex issues, and be capable of developing alternative solutions to consult around a problem.
- Create detailed documentation for implementation, guides and training.
- Provide technical training services to customers during the testing, evaluation, pilot and production phases.
- Explore new technologies, compare all possible alternatives and choose the best approach so as to satisfy customer-specific processes and business requirements.
- Offer best-practice solutions to customer’s specific challenges.
- At least 3 years experience in software development
- Programming/scripting experience & skills. Ability to work on multiple programming languages (demonstrated technical experience in Python, SQL is required).
- Degree in Computer Science
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Software development / software architecture / software solution design knowledge
- Self-motivated, organised individual, Detail oriented
- Work well independently and within a team setting
- Be a fast learner - Our software platform does a lot, and you’ll need to pick up all the ins and outs of the product in your first few months on the job, and retain all of that knowledge to help you with future projects.
While considering this position, take into account what we value here at Transifex. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, but we share one thing in common: We thrive by working together everyday. We are looking for people who aim to:
- Be a true teammate. You solve problems collaboratively and make yourself invaluable to others.
- Consistently grow. You are passionate about taking on challenges and exposing yourself to opportunities outside your comfort zone.
- Advocate for our customer. We believe our customers are our company’s most valuable asset and make sure they have a voice at this company’s table.
- Truly own it. You are conscious of the fact that you own a part of our company’s success and how your actions are impacting our objectives.
- Be your whole self. We realize that life is bigger than our company and that a healthy balance makes us far better at our work.
The health of our company and the success of the SaaS product we offer is directly related to the work environment we create for ourselves. With this in mind, we strive to create a welcoming and positive place in which to work and thrive. For our Athens-based employees, we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Private health insurance for employees and their dependents
- Option to work remotely if chosen
- Company-paid catered lunches (four days per week)
- Company equity (stock options)
- Paid time off
- Apple equipment
- Convenient office location with excellent amenities
- Close to public transportation and ample parking
- Diverse and close-knit employee team