Transifex is a Greek-born company, internationally recognized by today’s tech leaders as a leading agile translation management solution. With offices in Silicon Valley and Greece, we are global and digital — with employees on two continents and customers in nearly 50 countries representing about 40,000 projects and over 300,000 users, localizing content in 150+ languages. Companies like Airbnb, Atlassian, Eventbrite, Salesforce, HubSpot and Microsoft rely on Transifex to achieve a truly multilingual, global presence.
In Transifex we are committed to offering a seamless localisation experience to our Customers by building a central localization platform that works well with customers’ tech-stack and workflow tools. We achieve this by building robust core Integrations which have always played a vital part in gaining a competitive edge and adding extra value to our customers. We have a dedicated Integrations team who is responsible for designing, building and maintaining state-of-the-art integrations. Github, Zendesk, Zapier are just a few of the integration projects the team is working on. The list goes on and we plan to expand it even further with some exciting new projects.
To further enhance our Integrations team, we need a top-notch software engineer who loves experiencing several technologies and connecting different systems together. As a member of this team, you’ll be an expert in one or more programming languages but you’ll also be eager to delve into new stack and technologies when a new project comes to light. You will face new design challenges while you will be responsible for the implementation, the performance and the stability of anything you build.
Up for the challenge?
While considering this position, take into account what we value here at Transifex. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, but we share one thing in common: We thrive by working together everyday. We are looking for people who aim to:
- Consistently grow
- Advocate for simplicity
- Be authentic
- Be a true teammate
- Truly own it
- Develop and maintain integrations to connect Transifex with 3rd-party tools and services
- Design and architect high performing code
- Write well-structured and maintainable code
- Work in a cross-functional team with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, and Designers to shape product requirements and implement them
- Contribute to our open-source projects (CLI, openformats) that are critical to our client's workflows. Your work will be visible to the world
Applications for remote work are welcome!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a proven strong background)
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to adjust fast in different programming languages (polyglot), architectures, and technologies
- Experience with database systems
- Familiarity with design patterns and code architecture
- Knowledge of REST APIs. Usage and implementation of them
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Know how to write and maintain unit and integration tests
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Experience in Open Source community is a plus
- Experience in Systems & Security is a plus
Note: If you feel your experience does not match some of these above requirements, please specify as such on your application.
Technologies we use:
The health of our company and the success of the SaaS product we offer is directly related to the work environment we create for ourselves. With this in mind, we strive to create a welcoming and positive place in which to work and thrive. For our Athens-based employees, we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Private health insurance for employees and their dependents
- Company-paid catered lunches (four days per week)
- Company equity (stock options)
- Paid time off
- Apple equipment
- Convenient office location with excellent amenities
- Close to public transportation and ample parking
- Diverse and close-knit employee team