Transifex (www.transifex.com), a Greek-born company internationally recognized as one of the leading companies in the Globalization industry, is seeking for a DevOps Engineer to help us scale our infrastructure in order to offer our users an even greater experience. You will work together with the backend team to analyze requirements, identify bottlenecks and improve the performance of several systems.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley, we are global and digital – with engineers on two continents and customers in nearly 50 countries representing about 40,000 projects and over 320,000 users, localizing content in 150+ languages. Companies like Atlassian, Eventbrite, HubSpot, Microsoft, Salesforce, Waze and Workable rely on Transifex to achieve a truly multilingual, global presence.
If you love solving interesting infrastructure challenges and you enjoy interactive, agile development processes then we want you. In this highly technical role you will be a key part of our Development Team, you will deal with complex challenges and help Transifex to scale faster to our hundreds of thousands of users per month.
While considering this position, take into account what we value here at Transifex. We come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, but we share one thing in common: We thrive by working together everyday. We are looking for people who aim to:
- Consistently grow
- Advocate for simplicity
- Be authentic
- Be a true teammate
- Truly own it
- Operate and deploy cloud services from development to production.
- Develop tools and automations to make operations and deployments simpler and more robust.
- Monitor and improve the performance of our systems.
- Troubleshoot issues, do capacity planning, and analyze system performance.
- Working in a cross-functional team with Developers on solving technical problems.
- Proactively identify security issues in the product and infrastructure and help with addressing them when they arise.
If you feel your experience does not match some of these requirements, we'd appreciate if you specified it in your application.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a proven strong background)
- At least 5 years of work experience in the IT sector
- Excellent communication skills in English, particularly written communication.
- Passion and experience on performance and scalability of web applications
- Solid knowledge of database systems
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong skills in at least one scripting language
Technologies we use:
- PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ and Redis
- ELK Stack
The health of our company and the success of the SaaS product we offer is directly related to the work environment we create for ourselves. With this in mind, we strive to create a welcoming and positive place in which to work and thrive. For our Athens-based employees, we offer:
- Employee status (not a contractor)
- Competitive salaries
- Private health insurance for employees and their dependents
- Company-paid catered lunches (four days per week)
- Company equity (stock options)
- Paid time off
- Apple equipment
- Convenient office location with excellent amenities
- Close to public transportation and ample parking
- Diverse and close-knit employee team